What is Adobe SpeedGrade?
Adobe® SpeedGrade™ CS6 color grading software brings the Lumetri™ Deep Color Engine to your production workflow. Open the full dynamic range of your footage through a sleek new interface. A new component of Adobe Creative Suite® software, SpeedGrade gives you the power to push your stories further.
Lumetri Deep Color Engine:
- Craft the perfect look for every project. The GPU-accelerated Lumetri Deep Color Engine offers precision grading for virtually any file-based footage, including RAW and HDR content, without clipping highlights or crushing shadows. Work with confidence, using 32-bit per channel floating-point processing and state-of-the-art color science.
Powerful layer-based grading:
- Simplify complex color adjustments with layers. Combine and rearrange grades and effects and adjust the influence of each layer with its own opacity slider.
Primary and secondary color correction:
- Apply primary color corrections to the whole frame in combination with secondary grades for selected color ranges within your images.
Streamlined user experience:
- Get beautiful results faster through a clean, redesigned interface. Organize your grading tasks logically and efficiently in one integrated workflow.
Adobe tool and workflow integration:
- Load sequences from Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 software, or import EDL files from other applications.
Perfectly balanced gamma:
- Adjust footage to compensate for gamma irregularities and color shifts, including automatic color calibration for QuickTime output.
Camera and color space matching:
- Capture Macbeth color charts to automatically match color spaces for footage created with different cameras.
Digital cinema and camera format support:
- Take advantage of support for many formats including DPX, Alexa, RED, QuickTime, Targa, TIFF, Phantom, Weisscam, and OpenEXR. SpeedGrade is designed from the ground up for modern RAW and HDR workflows.
Broad LUT support:
- Share your creative intent across the production pipeline with comprehensive lookup table (LUT) support.
Award-winning stereoscopic toolset:
- Control depth placement within and between shots for comfortable viewing. Accelerate stereoscopic workflows with automatic geometric and colorimetric error correction.
Flexible masking tools:
- Create and modify mask shapes with intuitive drawing tools. Track and animate your mask, and control feathering with precision.
Grading panel support:
- Work the way you want with support for various types of input devices, including a standard mouse and keyboard, trackball, tablet, or professional grading panel.
Automatic scene detection:
- Automatically identify edits from archived projects to distinguish individual shots and make short work of restoration and remastering projects.
Real-time reframing and resizing:
- Resize and reframe your shots, and pan and scan in real time to deliver perfectly composed images for virtually any display, from handheld tablets to the big screen.
Film-style filters and effects:
- Add special filters for a stylized film look such as day-for-night and bleach bypass, or apply effects such as sharpen, soften, and glow.
Streamlined dailies workflow:
- Prepare dailies and offline editorial material quickly and efficiently with robust built-in support for camera and file metadata.
- Include audio tracks in your timeline for grading and client presentations. Render audio with your project for final delivery.