DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/Router with Wireless-N
The Zoom Model 5350 combines a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, a Wireless-N Router, and a four-port 1000/100/10 Mbps Ethernet Switch. The Model 5350 is approved by CableLabs for use on all cable systems in the US, including DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 services. Up to eight downstream and four upstream channels are bonded by the modem to deliver up to 343 Mbps download speeds and up to 123 Mbps upload speeds. IPv6 and IPv4 are supported for powerful, flexible network addressing.
The Model 5350 provides a shared high-speed cable Internet connection to WiFi-compatible wireless 802.11 n, g, and b devices as well as devices with an Ethernet port. The integrated router supports up to 253 clients, including computers, tablets, e-readers, gaming devices, and phones. An advanced firewall is provided for security from hacker attacks. WEP, WPA, WPA2, and WPS are provided for wireless security. Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MIMIO) wireless operation is provided with two transmit and two receive channels (2X2).
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is supported to simplify setup. VPN pass-through support uses PPTP, L2TP, or IPSec. Seven status lights report on the operation of the modem/router.
- High-speed Internet Gateway for all your wireless and Ethernet devices.
- Up to 8 bonded downstream and 4 bonded upstream channels. Maximum download speed is 343 Mbps and maximum upload speed is 143 Mbps. Speed also depends on your cable modem service.
- Works with all US cable modem services, including DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 services
- Owning your cable modem eliminates modem rental charges. Currently Time Warner®, Mediacom®, Cablevision®, and Bright House® don't offer any savings; but Comcast®, Cox®, Charter®, and most others do.
- Supports IPv6 and IPv4 for powerful, flexible network addressing
- Supports up to 253 WiFi devices, including computers, tablets, e-readers, handhelds, and phones
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS) support for use with wireless repeaters