The Kodak i2000 Series Scanners in action
A surgery center enjoys a simpler solution The staff at a large surgery center is focused on the important business of patient care. But their jobs also involve lots of paper work. Up to 150 forms and letters arrive daily as part of serving over 13,000 patients. To deal with this flood of documents, they rely on a Kodak
i2420 Scanner, integrated with workflow and document management software. The solution captures data and makes it available to 20 clinical team members.
The IT manager at the surgery center, and the people who use the solution every day, especially appreciate these key benefits of the i2420 Scanner:
- Speed: Busy staffers love the fact that the scanner starts working instantly with no warm up time. And once rolling, the i2420 Scanner can process up to 5,000 pages per day at 40 pages per minute. The i2420 Scanner also eliminates the time-wasting need to photocopy color documents before scanning to improve quality.
- Simplicity: Everyone at the center mastered the scanner in minutes, thanks to brilliantly intuitive Smart Touch technology. The i2420 Scanner automatically handles problems that can slow down the process, such as rotating pages so they're right reading, and recognizing color pages mixed in with black and white.
- Reliability: Since documents received are critical to patients' health, the surgery center counts on the reliable uptime of the i2420 and the 3-year warranty that backs it up.
A certification agency saves money and gets more productive in the process
A national safety certification organization works behind the scenes to protect businesses and homeowners. Their job: ensure that 1,800 alarm contractors comply with guidelines and use equipment approved by police, fire, and insurance organizations. Achieving this involves processing about 4,000 compliance certificates each month, with an emphasis on productivity and accuracy. There's no time for breakdowns or mistakes. A Kodak
i2620 Scanner quickly captures the incoming certificates and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology reads customer and alarm installation data, used to update the certificate management database.
Why do they love their scanning solution from Kodak Alaris?
- Productivity: The i2620 Scanner can handle up to 60 pages per minute at 300 dpi, and there's a quick learning curve.
- Image quality: The scanner's super-sharp image quality (up to 600 dpi) makes it easy to capture information accurately.
- Savings: The solution saves over $4,500 per year on system maintenance costs alone. The maintenance fees of the old system were practically the same as the entire cost of the new solution from Kodak Alaris.